A Good Essay Layout Ensures an Organized and Well Presented Essay
Good essay writing is all about being organized in the writing process and presenting the content in a well organized manner. When assigned an essay topic the first step will be to collect relevant information regarding the topic. But what does one do when all information has been secured? Should you start writing at once? The answer from a professional essay writer would be “NO”. One of the most important aspects of writing an essay is how it is presented. You can not include all the information in to your essay without knowing where it should go in your essay. If you do include, this will make the essay look disorganized. There are also formatting requirements which affect how you arrange your essay. Therefore, it is important to consider the essay layout when writing your essays.
What is an essay layout?
A layout of an essay is concerned with the positioning of various content in an essay. The layout should be thought through in the essay plan stage. Relevant ideas that the student has on the essay topic will be included in this layout. This is a very important aspect of essay writing and doing so will help the students to write a logical and informative essay.
How to write an essay layout
Whether writing an essay for GCSE coursework or any other class coursework, the layout will depend on the formatting requirements as well. For example, the APA format and MLA format has very different formatting requirements. Below are a few simple steps on how to layout the essay properly.
- Identify where you need to place your essay title is also important. In APA or Harvard style essay writing an essay cover page can be provided. The title placement differs in APA significantly from any other style. There is a running header which carries a part of the main heading and placed at the top margin of each page. MLA system is much simpler and places the title at the top of the first page of the essay.
- Topic headings and sub headings are placed differently in different layouts. Some essays does not use them while others use centered main headings and italicized sub headings. Consideration to these must be given, especially if you are writing an extended essay.
- Spacing is another layout consideration. Essays are usually doubled spaced and indented at the paragraph beginning. If you are including footnotes, these entries are single spaced.
- Just as the overall essay layout, the content layout of the essay also needs planning. Plan the layout of the essay introduction. It should contain the main idea of the topic, the key points relevant and the thesis statement which will be the last sentence in the introduction paragraph. The body paragraphs should be laid out in a clear and logical manner. It is customary to have about 2 to 3 arguments which will support the thesis statement. Each argument should have separate body paragraphs. Each separate section must be clearly separated with topic sentences starting off new paragraphs. The essay conclusion will be the last paragraph in the layout.
- By using numbering or bullet points, the layout of an essay can be improved to make the point form content clearly visible and understood by the reader.
- The reference list of the essay should also be included in your layout considerations. It is placed at the end of the essay and should be formatted as per the formatting system’s standards. Some require the entries to be double spaced while other systems call for single spaced entries.
The essay layout is important if you want your essay to be submitted in an organized manner. Follow these guidelines and you will be able to have a well written essay with a proper layout.
If you are considering obtaining essay help, Bidforessay.com is a writing service which has professional writers who will help you create an essay which is of the highest quality.